Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A 'Nip & Tuck' day for me today ...!

Later on this morning I will be going in to our local hospital for an operation to repair a hernia. I'm not looking forward to it too much, with all the stories that you hear about rampant MRSA bugs and problems with C.Diff, caused in both instances by poor hygiene in the hospitals, but the good thing is that I will be free from the discomforts of the last few months once the operation has been done.

The first thing I do every day is to place myself anew into God's hands, thereby ensuring that I will be in His will for another day. I pray for the opportunity to be a living witness to the love of God shown us through the Living Christ. After all, what other way is there for a Christian to live? Surely, our purpose is to carry out God's will for our lives and to fulfil the Great Commission of sharing the gospel message.

I cannot imagine being without Jesus in my life. Every time that we sing the hymn 'What a wonderful change in my life has been wrought . . .' it reminds me over again how much it applies to my life. I accepted Jesus into my life way back in September 1969 at a meeting held in the Friend's Meeting House in Bath, which was led by the evangelist Peter Scothern. After my entry into full-time ministry I had the privilege, only a few years ago, of being invited to share my testimony at one of his meetings held in Chester. Just one small step on my journey that I was able to share as part of Peter's journey.

The one thing which I have learned over the years is that life is good with Jesus and empty without Him. No matter what else we achieve in this life, if it is without Christ then it's of no real benefit in the long run. I'm convinced that as long as God blesses us with breath then our purpose is indisputably to carry out the work that we are privileged to do for Him. So, as we are bid, I give thanks in all things, and in all things I praise my Lord!

2 comments:

TheNormalMiddle said...

Colin, will be praying for you and your family today as you go thru the procedure. May God's peace be with you all the way through!

koinonia community said...

I have no doubt that God's hand of protection is on you.

I can relate to the emptiness you spoke about being filled up by the presence of Christ. Those who don't know Him try again and again to fill that emptiness, only to feel empty once their temporary fix fades, but the presence of Christ remains, leaving the believer satisfied.