Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

CBC Award Picture

I thought you might like to see the photo that was taken at the recent Christian Broadcasting Council Awards, which shows me receiving my certificate from Bishop Michael Marshall, the Assistant Bishop of London.

I received the 'Highly Commended' certificate jointly for two of my collections of Christian verse, In Praise of Him and In Praise of Him Again. The comment from the judges was:

“In a time when poetry seems to be something of a lost art, it is heartening to know of the publications from Voice who keep the art of poetry alive, focusing on faith, expressed by signs of beauty and learning from every day life. We commend Colin and Voice Publications for their heart-warming poetry and material produced.”

I'm proud to have been blessed with this award, although I readily attribute the work to the Holy Spirit!