Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 2, 2007

We're in Advent!

Today is the First Sunday in Advent, so I thought that I'd celebrate it by sharing this new Advent hymn with you. I hope you like it. It's called The Angels Sang, and is a great tune to sing to, nice and easy to learn. I don't often give my tunes names, but this is one of the exceptions for a special reason. It's called St John Tudor, and the name comes in recognition of the church that I pastor and Kathleen Tudor who is the organist and secretary of St John's. Over the years Kathleen has been so supportive of my music and hymn ministry, something which I have greatly appreciated. To access the sheet music for printing, just click on the image. You have my full permission to print it off and use it in your celebrations without worrying about copywrite infringement! All I ask is that if you use it in church services and so on, you report its use to CCLI. Other than that --- JUST ENJOY!
Tell me about your favourite Advent hymns and what special memories they hold for you.

No comments: