Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Have a go at this quiz

I've reached a time in my life when I really need to exercise my grey matter to stop it atrophying! In other words, I'm increasingly aware that my memory is not as good as it used to be, which is a bit scary! Amongst my relaxation hobbies I enjoy doing crossword puzzles and playing around with words. These things help to improve the vocabulary as well as sharpening the mind, and so I was particularly pleased to find this link: http://www.freerice.com/. You can have the opportunity to improve your vocabulary while helping to feed the hungry? At the site you can play a word game (basically a multiple choice test to see if you can identify the right synonym for each word they give you). For every word you get right 20 grains of rice are donated to a UN food program. Give it a shot. But I warn you - it's highly addictive!

I had a go and donated four bowls of rice in a few minutes, but I have to confess that I certainly didn't get every answer correct. There were several words that I'd never heard of previously, some of which I was able to work out correctly, but others which got a great big X! Still, dear reader, it's good fun and only takes a few moments to do a little good for others as well as stretching your mind a little, so why not take a vivit to the site and have a go today.

1 comment:

koinonia community said...

I have been there and it is terribly fun. (especially for a language junkie like me)