Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year, New Beginnings!

Well, here we are with my FIRST POST of 2008! I hope, dear reader, that I will keep you smiling, laughing, and thinking throughout the year as you share my journey with me. What will this year have in store I wonder? One thing is for certain. It will be a grand mixed bag of things, some good and some not-so-good, some happy and some sad, some easy and some challenging. I look forward to them all, no matter what, for having placed myself firmly into God's hands I know that whatever I come face to face with it will be in accordance with His plan for my life. The first thing that I do on waking every day is to place myself in His hands, so that I can then go through my day working for Him. That way, every day is a GREAT day!

There is so much to look forward to this year. Over the next few months the new CDs of my hymns and songs will be released, and that's a very exciting prospect! In April there is a concert planned by a chapel in Wales when all the work sung that evening will be selected from the songs that I've written. HOW EXCITING IS THAT!!!

Great though these things are, they're not the most important, for there is much to do for the Lord in other directions. For some time now I have been greatly concerned about the need for Revival, and that means that we need to see a move to repentance amongst our land. Despite the seeming affluence that glitters around us it's easy to find that, when you scratch at the surface, there is no real depth to our society. There is a great darkness over the land that only the power of God can lift off. We live in times when the moral fibre of our Nation has almost disappeared, where the attitude of so-called 'political correctness' has allowed materialism and immorality to prosper with little fear of correction or complaint from the few who do care.

2008 offers us a new opportunity to change things. Each individual voice may be small on its own, but add the voices together and they produce a great clamour. We should speak out against the SIN of the nation, sharing with people the need for REPENTANCE before it's too late. So much that is going on in the world points towards the LAST DAYS and the triumphant RETURN OF OUR LORD JESUS. Scripture warns us that not everyone who calls out 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven. Let us each commit ourselves to ensuring that we will number with those who DO get called and also that we will endeavour to share both the warnings and good news with others, so that they too might find true salvation.

Of course, when we talk about repentance and revival, although we look for it on a NATIONAL scale, we need to firstly look to our OWN lives and repent of all that's wrong in our own lives before we can call others to repentance. In other words, we need to experience revival ourselves first!

So this year is going to be very much a YEAR OF PRAYER for me. Prayer for forgiveness for myself, for my town, for my nation. Won't you join in, applying the same prayer criteria in your own life this year? And let us pray that each person who reads this blog and who makes an active decision to respond accordingly, will be blessed by the prayers of their fellows.

I wish you, dear reader, every blessing for the year, every single moment of it! May it be a time of fulfilment in your life as never before, rich in God's touch on all that you seek to do for Him.

1 comment:

TheNormalMiddle said...

A Happy New Year to You and Your whole family!!!! :)