Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

A CLEAN HEART
“Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.”
Psalm 51:10 (King James Version)

I was always reading when I was a teenager because I loved to read. I remember several times when I was reading a book that Mom would say “Joanne, wash the dishes”. I didn’t want to stop reading so I said to her “Why do I have to wash the dishes? They just get dirty again”.

I used to work in an airport as part of the janitorial service. It seemed like every time we cleaned the bathrooms they were dirty again in five minutes. When I mop my kitchen and bathrooms and hallway, it doesn’t take very long for them to get dirty and I have to mop them again.

The same is true with our hearts. God has forgiven us and given us clean hearts. However, our hearts get dirty again because we allow satan to put unforgiveness, resentment, hatred, bitterness, jealousy, sarcasm and criticism in our hearts. We need God to clean our hearts once again.

Is your heart clean or dirty? Do you need God to clean your heart? Heavenly Father, we ask You to please forgive us for hurting people and for doing things and saying things that hurt You. Please clean our hearts and renew a right spirit within us. Amen.


Joanne Lowe
joannelowe8@cox.net
www.joanne-ourprecioussaviour.blogspot.com

No comments: