Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

OUR FLESH IS WEAK
“For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
2 Corinthians 12:8,9 (King James Version)

One of my favorite songs is “Just a Closer Walk with Thee”. The author of the song is unknown. These words are so precious to my heart. “I am weak, but Thou art strong; Jesus, keep me from all wrong; I’ll be satisfied as long as I walk, let me walk close to Thee”. It should be the heart’s cry of every Christian to walk close to Jesus.



The pain from the arthritis in my arms, legs, feet and back is getting worse and my flesh is getting weak. How thankful I am to know that when I am weak, Jesus is strong. Without Jesus, I could do nothing. He is the reason I get out of bed and He is every breath that I take. He is my all in all and the Sonshine of my heart.

Eva Mae and Mylon LeFevre wrote a beautiful song that describes how I feel “Without Him I Could Do Nothing”. O how I love this song! “Without Him, I could do nothing. Without Him, I’d surely fail. (Think about it.) Without Him, I would be drifting like a ship without a sail”. Thank God that Jesus is my lifeboat in the midst of turmoil, weakness and heartaches.

If your flesh is weak and you don’t think you can take another step or give another smile, allow Jesus to pick you up and carry you. He will be faithful to carry you through all the valleys of your life. Aren’t you glad we have a Saviour who really loves us and cares about us!

Joanne Lowe
joannelowe8@cox.net
www.joanne-ourprecioussaviour.blogspot.com

No comments: