Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations : 'Are You Weary?'

ARE YOU WEARY
“And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.”
Ezekiel 34:26 (King James Version)
      There are times when we grow weary and we need to be revived.  Evangelist Daniel Webster Whittle wrote a beautiful hymn about Jesus refreshing us “There Shall Be Showers of Blessing”.  I love this hymn.  It is one of my favorite hymns and it always brings happiness and joy to my heart.
      “There shall be showers of blessing: This is the promise of love; There shall be seasons refreshing, Sent from the Savior above.”  What a precious promise!  Jesus knows how we feel when we need to be refreshed.  When He was here on earth, He too grew weary and needed to rest and be refreshed. 
      “Now Jacob’s well was there.  Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.  There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink” (John 4:6,7).  If Jesus needed to rest and be refreshed, we too need to rest and be refreshed.
      Are you weary?  Run into the arms of Jesus and let Him refresh you.  He will not only refresh you; He will also comfort and encourage you and dry your tears with tender compassionate kisses.  He loves you so much.  You are very precious to Him.  What a tender loving Saviour we have!
      Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us so much that You sent Jesus to die for our sins.  Jesus, thank You for loving us and for dying for us and for refreshing us when we grow weary.  Jesus, I appreciate You and I love You with all of my heart.  Amen.
 Joanne Lowe
October 26, 2011

No comments: