Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

THE BRIDGE TO HAPPINESS
“For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.”
1 Corinthians 2:2 (King James Version)
      Pastor Floyd W. Hawkins wrote a beautiful and inspiring hymn that I sing many times to Jesus when I praise and worship Him:
“I’ve Discovered The Way of Gladness”.
“I’ve discovered the fount of blessings,
I’ve discovered the 'Living Word'
‘Twas the greatest of all discoveries,
When I found Jesus my Lord.”
      We study the Bible and we memorize Scripture verses.  We teach Sunday School and sing in the choir but do we really know Jesus?  The bridge to happiness is to know Jesus.  People have discovered gold but the greatest discovery of all is when we are saved and know Jesus our Lord.  Do you know Him?
      When we meet someone new, we have to spend time with that person to get to know him or her.  The same is true with Jesus.  We must spend time with Jesus so we can know Him.  Do you know His favourite colour?  When is the last time you stayed up all night talking to Him and laughing with Him?
      There are times when I don’t want to go to bed at night because Jesus and I are having such a good time.  Something funny happened and I mentioned it to Him and we laughed about it.  He is such a dear, loyal friend.  He kisses the tears from my eyes and heart when someone hurts me.  He is so precious to me.
      If you are sad, get on the bridge to happiness by spending time with Jesus and laughing with Him.  He really loves you and it breaks His heart when you are sad and hurting.  Just as we need Him to tell us that He loves us, so He needs us to tell Him that we love Him.  Did you tell Him that you love Him today?
Joanne Lowe
October 20, 2011

No comments: