Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

OUR WEAKEST POINT
“And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you like wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.”
Luke 22:31, 32 (King James Version)
      Did you know that satan will attack us at our weakest point?  All day yesterday, satan lied to me and told me that Jesus doesn’t love me.  For over forty years I really believed that no one loved me and that I didn’t deserve to live.  Thank God, I know that I do deserve to live and that Jesus does love me.
      We must stay on the alert for the sneaky poisonous and vicious attacks of satan.  How comforting it is to know that Jesus does love us.  He proved His love for us when He allowed them to crucify Him for our sins.  Not only does He love us and died for us, He is also praying for us.  We have a tender loving Saviour.
      I have received a lot of emails from people who are hurting and discouraged.  Even though Jesus is praying for us, it still hurts when satan attacks us and Jesus understands how we feel.  Jesus doesn’t condemn us when we get discouraged because He too got discouraged when He was here on earth.
      When you feel led to pray for people, pray for them immediately.  When I am really hurting like I was yesterday, I can’t pray.  All I could do was say over and over “Jesus, I love You”.  If you know people who are hurting, hug them for Jesus.  God may use your hug to stop someone from committing suicide.
      You may not feel comfortable hugging people but you can hug them with your words.  Tell them that Jesus loves them.  Have you hugged someone for Jesus today?
Joanne Lowe
October 9, 2011

No comments: