Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

HOW MANY WILL YOU TAKE
“I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.”
John 9:4 (King James Version)
      We must work for Jesus while we have the time to do so.  Only God knows when Jesus is coming back for us but He is coming back for us.  How embarrassing and heartbreaking it would be if we didn’t have anybody we had led to Jesus to take with us.  What about you?  How many people have you led to Jesus?
      Pastor Charles Carroll Luther wrote a beautiful hymn that should challenge every Christian to become a soul winner for Jesus. “Must I Go, and Empty Handed”.  “Must I go, and empty handed?”  Must I meet my Saviour so?  Not one soul with which to greet Him, Must I empty handed go?”
      When Jesus comes back for us, will we be able to look Him in the eye or will we have to hang our head in shame because we didn’t lead people to accept Jesus as their personal Saviour?  Not only will we have to hang our head in shame, it will also break the heart of our Saviour if we haven’t served Him.
      Heavenly Father, please help us to get out of our comfort zones and serve the One who left His comfort zone and all that He had to die on a cruel cross for our sins.  The desire of my heart is to make Jesus happy.  Jesus, You have done so much for me and I love You with all of my heart.  Thank You for loving me.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
October 2, 2011

No comments: