Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

HIS WINGS OF COMFORT
“Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,”
Psalm 17:8 (King James Version)
      Pastor William Orcutt Cushing wrote one of my favorite hymns “Under His Wings”.  “Under His wings, what a refuge in sorrow!  How the heart yearningly turns to His rest!  Often when earth has no balm for my healing, There I find comfort, and there I am blessed.” 
      There are times when our loved ones can’t comfort us as much as they want to because we are grieving and hurting so much.  It is then that we can find rest and the comfort that we need under our Saviour’s wings.  I’ve lost track of the number of times I have fled to the comfort of His wings.
      Has there been a time when you were going through a crisis that you didn’t feel comfortable sharing with anybody?  Only Jesus can see into our heart.  He sees the things that we hide from our loved ones. If you will listen with your heart, you will hear Him whisper softly “I love you and  I understand how you feel.”
      There is no one who loves us as much as Jesus loves us and no one understands how we feel like Jesus understands.  When He was here on earth, He endured criticism, ridicule and rejection so He knows how we feel when we are criticized, ridiculed and rejected.  Jesus is a loving, tender and precious Saviour.
      If you are hurting today and you don’t feel comfortable sharing your burden with your loved ones, flee to the refuge and comfort of our Saviour’s wings.  He will not only comfort you, He will also encourage you and dry the tears from your eyes and your heart with tender kisses.  Thank You, Jesus, for loving us.
      Joanne Lowe
October 18, 2011

No comments: