Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Our Words and Our Thoughts'

OUR WORDS AND OUR THOUGHTS
“Let the words of my mouth, and the mediation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.”
Psalm 19:14
King James Version
     I wonder if the words of our mouth and the meditation of our heart are always acceptable in His sight.  We may not say the criticizing and angry words that we want to say but we are thinking them.  Jesus knows what we are thinking and He knows what we want to say.
     “Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.  Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.  For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether” (Psalm 139:2-4).
     The greatest gift we can give Jesus on His birthday is to turn off the television, get out of our comfort zone and surrender our heart and life to Him in full time service.  Another gift we can give Jesus on His birthday is to love one another as He has commanded us to love each other.
     I think that we sometimes forget that loving one another unconditionally is not an option, it is a commandment.  “This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you” (John 15:12).  Can we honestly say that we always love one another as He loves us? 
     Let’s give Jesus our heart and our life on His birthday and also give Him our words and our thoughts.  Happy Birthday, Jesus!  I love You with all of my heart. 
Joanne Lowe
December 11, 2011

No comments: