Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'We Want To See You'

WE WANT TO SEE YOU
“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 (King James Version)

Carrie Breck wrote one of my favourite hymns “Face to Face with Christ, My Saviour”.  The words in this hymn describe the longing in my heart.  “Face to face I shall behold Him, Far beyond the starry sky; Face to face in all His glory, I shall see Him by and by!”  O how I want to see You, Jesus.
     For those of us who have confessed our sins, repented of them, asked God to forgive us and invited Jesus into our heart, we will have the privilege of seeing Jesus face to face.  There is no event on earth that can even come close to the joy we will feel when we see Him face to face.
     Jesus, You are the joy of our heart and we want to see You.  Thank You for loving us so much that You walked that long lonely road to Calvary and died on the cross for our sins.  You are a loving and compassionate Saviour.  I love You with all of my heart.  Even so, come Lord Jesus! 
Joanne Lowe
December 17, 2011

No comments: