Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'He Will Comfort Us'

HE WILL COMFORT US
“Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul.  I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me.  I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God.”
 Psalm 69:1-3 (King James Version)
     Have you ever felt like the pain, the heartache and the sorrow you were feeling would never end?  Joyce Landorf Heatherley, a Christian speaker and author, said on one of her teaching tapes “I was in an airport and a lady came up to me and said “I don’t see any end to this tunnel.  I don’t think there is an end”.
     No matter how many crises and dark valleys we have in our life, God will be faithful to comfort and encourage us.  One of my pastors said one time in a sermon “Many times I experience first hand what I preach”.  This happened to me yesterday.  Someone called me and said things to me that really hurt me.
     This devotion is about God comforting us when we are hurting and I had to cry out to Him to comfort me after I received that telephone call.  If your heart is breaking, allow God to comfort you and dry your tears with His tender kisses.  He really loves you and He cares about you.
     Heavenly Father, some of us are lonely and grieving and have broken hearts and we are hurting.  We need You to please comfort us and dry the tears from our heart and eyes.  Thank You for being a compassionate loving Father.  You are a Father that we can depend on to love us and care about us.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
March 17, 2012

No comments: