Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Your Last Day to Live'

YOUR LAST DAY TO LIVE
“Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.”
Ephesians 4:31,32 (King James Version)
     I wonder how we would react and what we would do if God said to us “This is your last day to live”.  I don’t know about you but the first thing I would do is to be sure that my heart is right with God.  Then, I would do my best to contact every person I have ever hurt and tell them that I am sorry.
     When we ask God to forgive us for hurting others, He forgives us and He never holds it against us again.  However, the harsh and cruel words we have said to people can never be taken back.  We might as well have taken a gun and shot them in the heart or taken a knife and stabbed them in the heart. 
     It is so important that we are kind to people.  A lady had been asked to speak at her friend’s funeral.  She gave a wonderful heart touching eulogy at the funeral “My friend never said an unkind word to anyone.  She always looked for something good in everybody and tried to encourage the person”.
     When I read the wonderful tribute that the lady gave her friend, I was ashamed of myself and my heart broke because nobody could say that about me at my funeral.  Before I was saved, I hated everyone and I didn’t trust anybody.  I said a lot of cruel and unkind words to the people who had hurt me.
     What would you do if God said this is your last day to live?  Would you tell the ones you hurt that you are sorry that you had hurt them or would you spend the day watching television?
Joanne Lowe
March 19, 2012

No comments: