Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Our Light in the Night'

OUR LIGHT IN THE NIGHT 

“He spread a cloud for a covering; and fire to give light in the night.”
 Psalm 105:39 (King James Version)
    Philip P. Bliss wrote one of my favorite hymns “The Light of the World Is Jesus”.  “No darkness have we Who in Jesus abide; The Light of the world is Jesus!  We walk in the Light when we follow our Guide!  The Light of the world is Jesus!”  Thank God for our Light in the night.
     Not only is Jesus the Light of the world and the Light of our heart, He is also our Light in the night.  When the night seems endless and we can’t sleep because we have lost a loved one and the pain seems too much to bear, Jesus is there and He tenderly wipes the tears from our eyes with kisses of love.
     No one loves us like Jesus loves us.  I have lost track of the times that Jesus has healed my broken heart and set me on the mountain top of happiness when I couldn’t give another smile or take another step and felt like I was going under for the last time.
     No matter how many trials and crises and heartaches you have in your life, remember Jesus loves you so much that He died for you.  He really cares about you.  If you are hurting, run into the arms of Jesus and allow Him to comfort and encourage you as only He can.  He will dry your tears with tender kisses.
     Heavenly Father, You are a tender, forgiving, compassionate and loving Father.  Thank You for loving us so much You sent Jesus to die for our sins and to be our Light in the night.  I love You so much, dear Father.  You are so precious to my heart.  Thank You for loving me.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
March 22, 2012

No comments: