Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'We Need To Be Quiet'

WE NEED TO BE QUIET
“Keep silence before me, O islands; and let the people renew their strength: let them come near; then let them speak: let us come near together to judgment.”
Isaiah 41:1 (King James Version)
     There are times when we play the television and radio so loud that we can’t hear Jesus when He talks to us.  Jesus is not going to raise His voice to be heard over the television and the radio.  Our Scripture verse instructs us to keep silence before Jesus and our strength will be renewed.
     Loud noise does not bring us peace.  It causes excitement and sometimes the wrong kind of excitement.  When I was going through that crippling depression, I remember once when I was in the hospital that the radio was so loud it upset the man next to me and without warning he put his feet through the window.
     We need to be quiet so we can hear Jesus when He encourages us and ministers to us.  If you will listen with your heart, you will hear Him saying “You are very precious to Me and I love you.  I will never leave you and I will protect you”.  Let’s keep the volume of the television and radio down so we can hear Jesus.
     Heavenly Father, please help us to realize that when we play the television and radio so loud that we can’t hear Jesus when He is talking to us that it shows a disrespect for Him and for what He wants to say to us.  I pray that we will have respect for Him and be quiet so that He can talk to us and minister to us.
Joanne Lowe
March 9, 2012

No comments: