Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Pray For Not Against'

PRAY FOR NOT AGAINST
“But do thou for me, O GOD the Lord, for thy name’s sake: because thy mercy is good, deliver thou me.  For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me.”
Psalm 109:21,22 (King James Version)
     If you will read this chapter, you will see that David prays against the wicked that hurt him, not for them.  I have been guilty of doing the same thing in the past.   When someone hurt me instead of praying that the person would give his heart to Jesus, I prayed that God would punish the person.
     We need to remember that God loves every one of us equally and that Jesus died for all of us.  God does not play favourites and Jesus didn’t die just for you and for me.  God’s heart is full of compassion and unconditional love for every person in the world.  He doesn’t want any of us to perish.
     We read in the Bible “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9).  We need to pray for the people who hurt us not against them.
     Heavenly Father, please forgive us for praying against the ones who hurt us instead of praying for them.  Thank You for being a loving forgiving Father who forgives us when we hurt You.  Help us to forgive others when they hurt us just as You forgive us.  I love You, dear Father.  Amen. 
Joanne Lowe

No comments: