Total Pageviews

Monday, September 10, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'The Definition of Unconditional Love'


THE DEFINITION OF UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
“The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.”
Jeremiah 31:3 (King James Version). 
     Every time I think about the Saviour of the world loving me so much that He died for my sins, I am humbled that He would die for me.  Not only does Jesus give love, He is love.  If someone asked me to describe Jesus, I would tell the person that Jesus is the definition of unconditional love.
     Pastor Carl Gustaf Boberg wrote one of my favorite hymns about Jesus “How Great Thou Art”.  These words bring joy to my heart.  “And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing; Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in, That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing, He bled and died to take away my sin.”
     Think about it, Jesus, God’s own beloved Son, willingly walked that long lonely road to Calvary and there allowed them to crucify Him on a cross of horror.  He died for your sins and He died for my sins.  There is no greater love than the love that our Heavenly Father and Jesus have for us.
     Precious and loving Heavenly Father, my heart is filled with joy and gratitude to know how much You love me.  Thank You for adopting me into Your family.  Thank You for sending Your Son to die on the cross for our sins.  Jesus, thank You for loving me so much You died for me.  I love You, dear Jesus.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
September 10, 2012

No comments: