Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Forget About the Past'


FORGET ABOUT THE PAST
“Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.  Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it?  I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.”
Isaiah 43:18, 19 (King James Version)
     One of the most vicious attacks that satan launches against us is when he reminds us of our past.  For several months after I was saved, satan did his best to convince me that God did not forgive my sins and Jesus didn’t love me.  I allowed satan to keep me in bondage even though I had been forgiven.
     One day, God spoke to my heart and said “Joanne, who are you going to believe, satan or Me?  I told You that I have forgiven you and that I would never hold your sins against you again.  My Son has set you free through the blood He shed for you on the cross.  You are not in bondage to satan any longer”.
     We need to forget about the past and concentrate on serving Jesus.  We can’t do anything about the past but we can do something about the way we live today and tomorrow.  Don’t let satan lie to you and keep you from serving Jesus.  The blood of Jesus has covered every sin you have ever committed.
     If you have been living in the past, stop it!  Concentrate on serving Jesus and making Him happy.  If ever someone deserves to be happy, it is Jesus.  He alone is worthy to be praised and adored.  Jesus loves you so much that He died for you on the cross.  Worthy is the Lamb of God!
     Heavenly Father, thank You for your faithfulness to forgive us.  We love You and we appreciate all that You do for us.  Thank You for loving us and for caring about us.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
September 27, 2012

No comments: