Total Pageviews

Monday, September 24, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Our Words'


OUR WORDS
“Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.”
Psalm 19:14 (King James Version)
     The words that we say to people are very important because our words can encourage people or they can discourage people.  Have you ever had someone say cruel and sarcastic words to you?  That person might as well have taken a gun and shot you or stabbed you in the heart with a knife.
     We read in the Bible “Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers” (Ephesians 4:29).  Are the words we are saying to our family and friends encouraging words or are they discouraging words?
     This is one of my favourite verses in the Bible.  “So the carpenter encouraged the goldsmith, and he that smootheth with the hammer him that smote the anvil, saying, It is ready for the soldering: and he fastened it with nails, that it should not be moved” (Isaiah 41:7).   We need to encourage each other.
     When I was in school the other students were very cruel to me.  They told me that I was fat and ugly and that I would never amount to anything.  I believed them and I tried to commit suicide twice.  I am so thankful that God saved me and didn’t let me die.  Please be careful what words you say to people.
     Heavenly Father, God of all comfort, thank You for the many times You have comforted me and dried my tears with Your tender loving kisses.  I love You so much, dear Father, and I appreciate all You have done for me.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
September 24, 2012

No comments: