Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'The Truth'


THE TRUTH
“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
John 8:32 (King James Version)
     What is the truth?  The truth is that Jesus loves us.  He loved us as much yesterday as He does today and He will love us as much tomorrow as He does today.  There is nothing we can ever do that would make Jesus stop loving us.  If that were true, He would never have allowed them to crucify Him for our sins.
     We read in the Bible “The LORD  hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with loving-kindness have I drawn thee” (Jeremiah 31:3).  Jesus doesn’t lie.  If He tells us He loves us, we can believe it.  What a tender and loving Saviour we are privileged to know and have!
     Don’t believe satan when he tells you that Jesus doesn’t love you because satan is a liar.  Even now, satan tries to make me believe that Jesus doesn’t love me.  However, I know that Jesus does love me because I know the heart of Jesus.  Not only does Jesus give love, He is love.  Thank You, Jesus, for loving me.
     The next time you feel discouraged, lonely and are heartbroken and grieving or feel like nobody loves you, remember Jesus loves you so much that He walked that long lonely road to Calvary and suffered excruciating pain for you.  Our precious Saviour has already proved to you how much He loves you.
     Have you surrendered your life in full time service to Jesus?  I urge you to give Jesus your heart and your life.  Remember, the level of our service to Him depends on our level of love for Him.  How much do you love Jesus and what are you doing for Him?
Joanne Lowe
September 23, 2012

No comments: