Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Peace and Joy'


PEACE AND JOY
“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.  Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:”
Isaiah 26:3, 4 (King James Version)
     I am in the middle of a very difficult situation and there are times during the day when I get anxious.  However, the times when I start to get discouraged and anxious I immediately turn my thoughts to Jesus.  Our precious Saviour is able to do anything and I can trust Him.  Jesus has proven Himself to be faithful.
     Helen Howarth Lemmel wrote one of my favorite hymns “Turn Your Eyes upon Jesus”.  I love the words in this beautiful hymn.  “His Word shall not fail you-He promised; Believe Him and all will be well: Then go to a world that is dying, His perfect salvation to tell!”  Are you telling others about Jesus?
     Not only does Jesus keep us in perfect peace and we can trust Him, He also gives us joy.  “Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore” (Psalm 16:11).  I dearly love my family and friends but I have joy in my heart in the presence of Jesus.
     Jesus, thank You for giving me joy and peace and for dying on the cross for me.  I love You with all of my heart and I appreciate all You have done for me.  Indeed, You are worthy to be praised and adored.  All hail, King Jesus!  Worthy is the Lamb of God! 
     Precious Heavenly Father, Your love for us overwhelms me.  You love us so much that one day You opened Your heart to us and sent Your beloved Son to be tortured, cursed and abused and die on a cross of horror for our sins.  Thank You so much for loving me and for adopting me into Your family.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
September 25, 2012

No comments: