Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Joanne Lowe's Meditations : Are You Leaning

ARE YOU LEANING

“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Matthew 11: 28 - 30 (King James Version)


John Stallings wrote a beautiful song “Learning to Lean”. I believe that these words came from the depths of his heart. “I’m learning to lean, learning to lean, Learning to lean on Jesus. Finding more power than I’d ever dreamed, I’m learning to lean on Jesus.” It is only when we lean on Jesus that we find rest, comfort and encouragement for our weary hearts.

In our Scripture verse Jesus tells us to learn of Him. We may know all the geographical places in the Bible and know about all the events in the Bible but if we don’t know the heart of Jesus, all we have is knowledge. Telling people about the places in the Bible and the events in the Bible will not lead them to accept Jesus as their personal Saviour.


We must tell them about Jesus and His unconditional love for them. However, it is not enough to tell them about Jesus. We need to live so that they will see Jesus in our smiles, hear Him in our words, and feel Him in our actions. We can tell people all day long that Jesus loves them but if we never prove it to them by our loving actions, they are not going to believe us.


Are you leaning on Jesus or are you still carrying your burdens and trying to solve your problems by yourself? You may find a temporary solution but only Jesus can give you a lasting peace. Give all of your heartaches, burdens and problems to Jesus and He will give you rest. We have a loving and compassionate Saviour. Thank You, Jesus, for loving us and caring about us.

Joanne Lowe

August 28, 2009

No comments: