Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 13, 2009

New Meditation from Joanne Lowe

A SPECIAL KIND OF JOY

“Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few.”

Matthew 9: 37 (King James Version)

Pastor Oswald Smith wrote a song that I believe came from the depths of his heart “Joy In Serving Jesus”. There are many beautiful words in this song. They describe how I feel about serving my precious Saviour. “There is joy in serving Jesus, Joy; that triumphs over pain, Fills my heart with heaven’s music, Till I join the glad refrain.”


There is a special kind of joy that fills our hearts when we serve Jesus. When I wake up and don’t feel good, I just want to stay in bed until I feel better. However, as soon as I get up and sit down at my computer desk to start typing what He lays on my heart, the joy that floods my heart temporarily makes me forget that I don’t feel good.


I am so glad to know that Jesus loves me so much that He died for me. I am humbled that the Saviour of the world came to me when I couldn’t go to Him. It keeps me going in the midst of crises and difficult situations. What a privilege it is to serve my precious Saviour. It fills my heart with a special kind of joy.


Jesus does so much for us. After all that He has done for us and continues to do for us every day of our lives, we should want to make Him happy and dedicate our lives to serve Him. Do you have this special kind of joy in your heart? Are you content to just sit there watching television and let Jesus serve you? I urge you to turn off the television and dedicate your life to serve Him.


Joanne Lowe

August 13, 2009

joannelowe8@cox.net

www.joanne-freedominjesus.blogspot.com

No comments: