Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Worthwhile Mission in Cornwall


As I posted on this blog last week, I have spent the whole week in Cornwall on Mission, working with Andrew Chapple from Redruth Baptist Church, which is a lively Free Baptist Church in the centre of Redruth, and I shared the Gospel with them on Wednesday evening. On Tuesday morning I met with a Bible Study group in Camborne and in the evening went to a meeting in St Ives with Andrew. Throughout the week I met some great people and had many opportunities to share the Lord Jesus with them. I look forward to going down and meeting up with them again in the not too distant future.

On Friday we all headed for Dartmoor and a tiny village called Wotter, where we met up with some really pleasant Christian folk who have purchased the Methodist Chapel which had been closed down. They are renovating the building in readiness to serve the Lord through it afresh. The picture above shows the interior of the chapel which is in excellent condition. These are folk who are passionate about the need for the Gospel to be shared in the area, and are concerned about the lack of witness at present. I hope that I'll be able to go down there again to share the Gospel message of Hope that offers salvation and redemption. Andrew Chapple and I plan to prepare for Mission there and also in the district around Camborne and Redruth at a later date, according to the Lord's leading.

No comments: