Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Moving Experience


The other day in an idle moment, --- yes, I do get them occasionally! ---, I was thinking about the number of times that I have moved home over the years, which is sufficient to make me somewhat of an expert in handling furniture and getting it in and out of awkward spaces!

Here's a brief summary of the moves that I remember:
1964 : Left home to move to Bath, Avon.
1966 : Moved to Boscombe, Hants.
1967 : I was taken ill and had to move to Corsham for a while.
1968 : Moved to Swindon with my job, lived at three different places in the two and a half years that I was there.
1970 : Got married and moved to a flat in Bristol.
1972 : Bought our first house at Deerswood, Bristol.
1972 : Moved to Rhodesia.
1972 to 1984 : Moved over the period many times, living in 4 flats, and 4 houses.
1984 : Returned to the UK and Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire.
1985 : Moved to Newton Abbott, Devon.
1987 : Moved to Newtown, Powys, Mid Wales. I lived in two different homes during the time that I was there.
1995 : Moved to Merthyr Cynog, Wales. Also lived through the college term-time at Aberystwyth.
1998 : Moved to Runcorn, living in the church manse.
2005 : Moved to my current address.
Where to next? Who knows!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd love you to come live here!