Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The following was written so long ago when I was just a young boy of 14, and it commemorated the death of my eldest brother at the tender age of 23yrs. It's featured on my Meditation CD In Praise of Him and also in my book which accompanies the CD. It's also been published at various times in different church magazines. It's always been special to me because, apart from the commemorative point, it also takes me back to a time of innocent youth.

A Prayer
O Lord, I come to Thee
On bended knee,
To this Thy shrine,
This holy place of Thine,
To pray.
To pray for peace,
That war may cease,
And that all mankind
Will not be blind to God.
I thank You for the things You’ve done
Throughout the day, each little one
I treasure dear. So Lord,
Please hear my prayer to You.
Forgive me for those things done wrong,
I’ll try, as I’ve tried all along,
To do Thy will:
And I’ll try still,
Until I die.
Copyright 2008 Colin Gordon-Farleigh

Please feel free to publish this in your church bulletin. All I ask is that you let me know that you've done it via the comments on this blog.

No comments: