Total Pageviews

Monday, January 25, 2010

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

HE LOVES ME
“I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore. For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.”
Psalm 86:12, 13 (King James Version)

Charles Hutchinson Gabriel, who was a teacher, composer and music director in church, wrote a beautiful inspiring song that has encouraged my heart for many years “I Stand Amazed in the Presence”. The words in this song touch my heart and reassure me of His love for me.

“I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene, And wonder how He could love me, A sinner, condemned, unclean”. Many years ago, He lifted me up from underneath a hospital bed where I had crawled because I was afraid of everyone and everything and had no desire to live.

He put His compassionate arms around me and told me that He loved me. He told me that it was safe to come out from under the bed, that He would protect me and never leave me. What a Saviour, this Jesus of Nazareth! There is no one like Jesus. No one loves us like He loves us.

To know that the Saviour of the world loves me unconditionally not only fills my heart with joy and happiness, it also amazes me. Why would the Saviour of the world love me? It is because He is love. His heart is filled with compassion and unconditional love for all of us.

He loves you so much that He died for you. He really does love you and He cares about you. When you are hurting He weeps, and when you are happy, He rejoices. If you are hurting today, allow Him to comfort and encourage you as only He can.

Joanne Lowe
joannelowe8@cox.net
www.joanne-ourprecioussaviour.blogspot.com

No comments: