Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

THEY CAN CHANGE
"But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."
Matthew 19:26 (King James Version)
      Have you ever heard someone say "She will never change or he will never change"?  Have you said it yourself?  I submit to you on the authority of the Word of God that they can change because with God all things are possible.  People said that I would never change but I did.
      For over thirty years I wandered in the darkness of a crippling depression.  I had been told so many times that I was no good and would never contribute anything to the world that I believed it.  However, one glorious day Jesus told me that He loves me and everything changed.
      I had hope for the first time in my life and it was all because Jesus told me that He loves me.  Had someone told me that Jesus loves me, I wouldn't have been in that crippling depression for all those years.  I hated everybody because of being abused sexually, verbally and physically.
      Many times we have tried to change people but it didn't work and it never will work.  Only God can change someone because as we read in our Scripture verse "with God all things are possible."  If someone has told you that you don't have a right to live like they told me, don't believe it!
      When we say that someone will never change, what we are really saying is God can't change people.  How dare we say that God can't change people?  He can do anything because He is God.  I am so thankful that Jesus loves me and that God took me out of a life of depression and gave me a life of joy and happiness.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: