Total Pageviews

Monday, July 11, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

DID YOU DRINK TODAY
"In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink."
John 7:37 (King James Version)
      I drink a lot of water every day but the next day I am still thirsty.  Just as I am thirsty for water every day so I am thirsty to be in the presence of Jesus every day.  One of the definitions for thirst in Webster's Dictionary is "an ardent desire".  I have a longing and a desire to fellowship with Jesus every day.
      We read in the Bible "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore" (Psalm 16:11).  When I am in the presence of Jesus and feel the joy He gives me, all of the crises in my life and all of the problems and heartaches are easier to bear.
      Pastor Oswald Jeffrey Smith wrote one of my favourite hymns about serving Jesus "Joy in Serving Jesus".  Pastor Smith knew the joy of serving Jesus from his many years of service to Jesus.  I believe he wrote this hymn from the depths of his heart.  Pastor Smith also raised a lot of money for foreign missions.
      Did you stay in the presence of Jesus today and drink from the joy that Jesus gives us?  It's wonderful to know that Jesus loves us but He also needs to know that we love Him.  I think that we forget that Jesus has feelings and it hurts Him when we neglect to tell Him that we love Him.
      Jesus, I do love You and I appreciate all that You have done for me and all that You do for me every day.  Thank You for loving me so much that You died for my sins.  Worthy is the Lamb of God!  All hail King Jesus!  Even so, come Lord Jesus.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: