Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

WHAT WOULD WE SAY
"In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee."
1 Kings 3:5 (King James Version)
      If God appeared to me in a dream and said "Ask what I shall give thee", I would say "Please fill my heart with compassion and unconditional love for others".  I would say this because I fell in love with Jesus and it is the desire of my heart to make Him happy.
      However, if God had asked me that question before I fell in love with Jesus I would probably have asked for something for me.  It is only when we fall in love with Jesus and it becomes the desire of our heart to make Jesus happy that we don't ask for something for ourselves.
      How about you?  What would you say to God if He said to you "Ask what I shall give thee"?  We read in the Bible "But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.  To him be glory both now and for ever.  Amen" (2 Peter 3:18).  The more we know Jesus, the more we love Him.
      Do you know Jesus?  I didn't ask if you are saved; I asked if you know Him.  It is possible to accept Him as our personal Saviour but not know Him.  To really know someone, we have to spend time with that person.  How much time do you spend during the day with Jesus?
      If you are too busy to spend time with Jesus, you are too busy.  Jesus should come before everything and everyone.  I never get out of bed in the morning before I tell Him how much I love Him.  Just as we want Him to be available, so He wants us to be available.  Let's give Jesus first place in our heart and life.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: