Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

HE IS WAITING
"I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee.  And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.  And he arose, and came to his father.  But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him."
Luke 15:18-20 (King James Version)
      What a beautiful passage of Scripture and what a heart touching illustration of the compassion that God has for us.  Not only is God waiting for us to come back to Him, He is also watching and longing for us to come back to Him.  It reminds me of the day my brother left to go into the service. 
      My Mother stood in the road watching the car for a long time after my brother was out of sight.  Mom loved my brother so much and she was already missing him even though he had just left.  Our precious Heavenly Father loves us very much and He also misses us as soon as we leave His presence.
      Has there been a time when you wandered away from God?  He is waiting for you to come home to Him.  He loves you so much and He misses you.  William James Kirkpatrick published a beautiful hymn "LORD, I'M COMING HOME".  I am so thankful that we have a merciful and compassionate Heavenly Father.
      "I've wandered far away from God, Now I'm coming home; The paths of sin too long I've trod, Lord, I'm coming home."  I wonder how many times we have sung this hymn but never really meant it.  It is time that we mean what we sing instead of just giving Him lip service.  Go home to your Heavenly Father.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: