Total Pageviews

Monday, July 25, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

HE IS STILL GOD
"The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee: and shall say, Destroy them."
Deuteronomy 33:27 (King James Version)
      Pastor Tracy Dartt wrote a gospel song that never fails to bring tears of happiness to my heart and to my eyes "God on The Mountain".  When I hear Lynda Randle sing this, I feel like I am literally in Heaven.  What an inspiring song that fills our hearts with hope and gratitude to our Heavenly Father!
      "For the God of the mountain is still God in the valley When things go wrong, He'll make them right And the God of the good times is still God in the bad times The God of the day is still God of the night."  It doesn't matter if we are on the mountain top or in the valley, He is still God.
      It's easy for us to trust God when we are on the mountain top of happiness but it is a lot harder to trust Him when we are in the valley of discouragement and despair.  We have to make the decision to trust Him especially when things look hopeless.  There is nothing too hard for God.  He can do anything.
      "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?" (Jeremiah 32:27)  When your food is almost gone and you don't have money to buy more food, trust God.  He will never fail you.  He will make a way for you to be able to buy food.  I know this is true from personal experience.
      Heavenly Father, there have been many times when You have picked me up from the valley of discouragement and set me on the mountain top of happiness.  Thank You for loving me and for everything You have done for me.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: