Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

NO MORE
"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."
Matthew 26:39 (King James Version)
      Do you realize what would happen to us if Jesus had said to His Father "I'm not going to take these insults and the rejection and the ridicule and the cursing any more.  I'm not going to the cross."  If Jesus hadn't died on the cross for us, we would be on our way to hell for all eternity.
      Jesus loves us so much that not only was He obedient to His Father, He was also willing to endure the pain, the shame and the agony on the cross for us.  Jesus did not have to stay on the cross for us.  All the nails in the world couldn't have kept Him on the cross if He had chosen to come down from the cross.
      Songwriter Ray Overholt wrote an inspiring and heart touching song about our precious Saviour "Ten Thousand Angels".  "He could have called ten thousand angels, To destroy the world and set Him free.  He could have called ten thousand angels, But He died alone, for you and me". 
      Jesus was human just like we are and I believe there were many times when He was here on earth that He wanted to give up and say "no more".  "I am not going to be humiliated any more."  Just as you and I get tired of being ridiculed, rejected and cursed,  Jesus also got tired of it.
      Jesus, thank You for loving us so much that You not only went to the cross, You stayed on the cross.  You are so precious to my heart.  I love You.  How I long for the day when I will have the privilege of seeing You face to face.  Even so, come Lord Jesus.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: