Total Pageviews

Friday, August 19, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations


A WONDERFUL LIFE
"And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest."
Matthew 8:19 (King James Version)
      One of my favourite movies that I watch over and over is "It's a Wonderful Life".  You and I can have a wonderful life if we will allow Jesus to be the Master of our heart and our life.  I think sometimes instead of following Jesus we go where we want to go and we also do what we want to do.
      It's no wonder at all that we have days where everything goes wrong.  If we are not following Jesus, we will have bad days.  Jesus has made it very clear where He wants us to go.  He wants us to go to people who are hurting and who haven't accepted Him as personal Saviour and tell them how much He loves them. 
      Have you told Jesus that you will follow Him?  If you have, are you following Him?  If you're not following Him, why aren't you?  Jesus loves you so much that He gave His life for you.  He doesn't ask much from us and He has done so much for us.  We should be eager to do anything that will make Him happy.
      One of the ways that He wants us to follow Him is in the area of loving one another unconditionally.  He showed us how to love unconditionally when He allowed them to crucify Him on the cross for our sins.  He forgave us while He was still hanging on the cruel cross in agony and excruciating pain.
      Are we willing to forgive those who have hurt us?  I have to be honest and admit that there are times when I have trouble forgiving those who hurt me but then I remember that Jesus forgave me from the cross.  Have you forgiven the people who have hurt you just as Jesus has forgiven you?
Joanne Lowe
August 18, 2011

No comments: