Total Pageviews

Monday, August 22, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations


ARE WE WISE
"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding."
Proverbs 17:28 (King James Version)
      I used to have a terrible temper before I was saved.  I said ugly, sarcastic and cruel words to people.  When the redeeming blood of Jesus was applied to my heart for the forgiveness of my sins, I no longer had the desire to say cruel words to people.  However, once in a while I still lost my temper.
      Christians are not perfect.  They are just sinners who have been forgiven.  Before we are saved, satan doesn't have to worry about us because we are serving him.  When we accept Jesus as our personal Saviour, it makes satan very angry and he will launch vicious poisonous attacks against us.
      When people say cruel, sarcastic and hateful words to us, we need to be quiet or as my Mother said to me many times when I was a child "Keep your big mouth shut!"  It is hard for us to be quiet when someone is saying cruel words to us.  Sometimes, we can't do it. 
      It is then that we need to cry out to Jesus for help and ask Him to put a zipper on our lips so we won't say cruel words to people that hurt them and also hurt Him.  We must never forget that when we hurt people, we also hurt Jesus.  Our precious Saviour has been abused and hurt enough.
      Are we wise?  If we say cruel words to people who hurt us, we are not wise.  Heavenly Father, please forgive us for saying words to deliberately hurt people.  Please help us to say kind and loving words instead of hateful words to people who hurt us.   Amen.
Joanne Lowe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a great Protestant mistake to say that you are saved. You are redeemed, not saved. Whether you are saved or not, it will become clear at the moment of your death.

In Him,
Fr Pavel