Total Pageviews

Friday, August 12, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations


NOT A SIN
"Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.  And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."
Matthew 26:38,39 (King James Version)
      Someone emailed me and wrote "It is a sin to be discouraged".  Jesus was very discouraged when He prayed this prayer.  We know that Jesus was perfect and that He never sinned so it is not a sin to be discouraged.  Jesus tells us that we will have tribulation.
      We read in the Bible "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.  In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world" (John 16:33).  A pastor said one time in a sermon "If you don't have any problems right now, wait a few minutes".
      When we surrender our life in full time service to Jesus, it makes satan very angry and he will do all in his power to discourage and defeat us.  We are powerless to defeat satan on our own.  It takes the power of Jesus working through us to give us the victory in difficult situations.  Only Jesus can defeat satan.
      Remember that Jesus is the one who gives us the victory in situations and we must always give Him the credit. "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing" (John 15:5).  Are you giving Jesus the credit?
Joanne Lowe

No comments: