Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations


WHEN WE STRAY
"I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee."
Isaiah 44:22 (King James Version)
      People think that Christians are supposed to be perfect people.  Christians are not perfect.  They are only saved sinners.  I received an email from someone who wrote "I stopped going to church and started going to bars with my old friends.  I have also started drinking again and I am so ashamed of myself."
      I replied and wrote "Go talk to your pastor and tell your pastor what you told me."  The person emailed me again and wrote "Do you think Jesus still loves me?"  I told that person "Yes, Jesus still loves you and He will always love you.  There is nothing you could do that would make Him stop loving you."
      I submit to you on the authority of God's Word that Jesus does love us when we fail Him and hurt Him.  "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee" (Jeremiah 31:3).
      However, just because we know that Jesus will always love us is no excuse to deliberately do things that hurts Him.  It should be just the opposite.  We should do everything we can possibly do to make Him happy.  We know that Jesus loves us.  Do we love Him?  If so, how much do we love Him?
      If you have strayed, confess your sins and return to Him.  Don't allow satan to keep you away from your Saviour.  Jesus said "return unto me; for I have redeemed thee".  Jesus is waiting with a heart full of love and with His arms open wide for you to come back to Him.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: