Total Pageviews

Friday, April 13, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Are You A Lady?'

ARE YOU A LADY
“A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.”
John 13:34,35 (King James Version)
     I keep my hair cut short because of my arthritis.  It hurts too much to hold my arms up more than a few minutes.  When I was walking back to my home from the mailbox yesterday afternoon, a little girl about ten years old stopped me and said “Are you a lady?”  I just smiled and asked her “Are you a lady?”
     As I was thinking about what that little girl asked me, I realized that there may be times because of the way we act and the things that we say people may wonder if we are Christians.  They may want to ask us “Are you a Christian?” but they are too polite to ask us.  Do people wonder if you are a Christian?
     I think that we sometimes forget that loving one another is not an option.  It is a commandment that Jesus gave us.  He said that we are to love one another as He loves us.  Can we honestly say that we always love one another as Jesus loves us?  We can fool others but we can’t fool Jesus because He sees our heart. 
     Heavenly Father, forgive us for not loving unconditionally. Father, please help us to love one another unconditionally as Jesus has commanded us to love one another.  Thank You, Jesus, for loving us unconditionally.  I love You, Father.  I love You, Jesus.  I love You, Holy Spirit.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
April 12, 2012

No comments: