Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Does He See Dust On The Bible?'


DOES HE SEE DUST ON THE BIBLE
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
2 Timothy 2:15 (King James Version)
     I have been trying to dust my furniture for a week but have been unable to do so because my arthritis is hurting too much to dust it.  I do not like a dirty home.  I try my best to keep it clean but I’m not always able to do what I want to do.  I am starting to get discouraged and embarrassed because I can’t clean my house.
     You might wonder why I get embarrassed because I live alone and nobody is here to see the dust on the furniture.  The reason I get embarrassed is because there is someone here to see the dust and His name is Jesus.  I invited Jesus into my heart to be my personal Saviour on August 14, 1980 and He sees the dust.
     “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me” (Revelation 3:20).  There are times when Jesus sees dust on my furniture but praise God, I am so thankful that He has never seen dust on my Bible.
     When Jesus looks around your home, it’s okay if He sees dust on your furniture but does He see dust on the Bible?  Many years ago I visited someone and the dust on the Bible was so thick I could have written something in it.  However, the TV Guide and the other books and magazines didn’t have any dust.
     Heavenly Father, please forgive us for allowing dust to accumulate on the Bible.  Help us to realize that we hurt You when we read books and magazines more than we read Your Word.  I pray that we will read it so much there will never be any dust on the Bible.  Thank You for Your love letter to us.  Amen. 
Joanne Lowe
April 23, 2012

No comments: