Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Let Him Take Control'

LET HIM TAKE CONTROL
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.”
Jeremiah 29:11
King James Version
     Jesus may be our Saviour and live in our heart but have we allowed Him to control our heart, our tongue and our life?  There are times when we act like little children who disobey their parents.  How many times did our parents tell us to do something but we did what we wanted to do anyway?
     We don’t know our future or even what is going to happen tomorrow but Jesus knows and He wants to protect us from danger.  We need to let Him take control of our heart, our tongue and our life.  We especially need to let Him control what we say when people hurt us.
     I don’t have transportation so I ride community transportation.  I have to set up my rides the day before I want to go someplace.  Yesterday morning, I called to set up a ride and I asked the lady her name because we are supposed to get the name of the person who sets up our trips.
     The lady said “I am not going to tell you.  We have had enough dealings recently that you should know my name by now.”  I have trouble remembering names and what she said to me embarrassed me and hurt me.  I prayed and asked God to put a zipper on my mouth so I wouldn’t say something that hurt her.
     Before I was saved, I had a terrible temper.  However, I have asked God to help me with my temper.  He has been so faithful and He has helped me so now I really try not to say the hateful words I am tempted to say in return.  Does Jesus control your heart, your tongue and your life?
Joanne Lowe
April 17, 2012

No comments: