Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations : 'Your Faithfulness'

YOUR FAITHFULNESS
“O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.”
Isaiah 25:1 (King James Version)
     Pastor Obediah Chisholm wrote one of my favourite hymns “Great is Thy Faithfulness”.  I love these words.  “Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father; There is no shadow of turning with Thee; Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not; As thou hast been, Thou forever will be.”
     In this world where things seem to change almost every month, it is so good to know that we have a Heavenly Father Who never changes.  We can depend on His faithfulness to us.  We don’t have to wonder if He will be in a good mood or if He will yell at us or hit us.  We can trust Him with our life.
     Heavenly Father, Your faithfulness to us is a healing balm to our storm tossed lives.  Thank You for never yelling at me.  Thank You for not telling me that I am stupid.  I have been cleansed and redeemed by the shed blood of Your Son.  Thank You, Jesus, for dying for my sins.  I love You with all of my heart.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: