Total Pageviews

Monday, April 2, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Day and Night'

DAY AND NIGHT
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.”
1 Peter 5:8,9 (King James Version)
     Our adversary, the devil, not only attacks us during the day but he also attacks us during the night when we are sleeping.  There are times when I have terrible dreams and most of those dreams are about not having a home and sleeping on the streets.  I am so thankful that I know I have a home waiting for me in Heaven.
     Not only do we have a home waiting for us in Heaven if we have accepted Jesus as our personal Saviour, we are also under His wings of protection day and night.  Whether we are awake or asleep, we can depend on our precious Saviour to protect us.  He is our protective Shepherd.
     What a comfort and reassurance it is to our weary battle scarred heart to know that whether we are awake or asleep, we are under the loving and protective wings of our Shepherd.  Pastor William Orcutt Cushing wrote one of my favourite hymns “Under His Wings”.  Thank God for the wings of our Shepherd.
     “Under His wings I am safely abiding, Tho' the night deepens and tempests are wild; Still I can trust Him, I know He will keep me, He has redeemed me and I am His child.”  Are you under His wings?  Have you said “yes” to Jesus?  If not, I urge you, I plead with you to invite Him into your heart before it is too late!
     Heavenly Father, thank You for the safety we have under the protective wings of our Shepherd.  We love You, Father.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
April 1, 2012

No comments: