Total Pageviews

Friday, February 22, 2008

Heaven’s Grocery Store


The following was sent to me to use in 'The Voice' magazine sometime in the future. Meanwhile, I thought I'd share it with you dear reader, straight away! I've edited it from the original in order to make it scan a little better.
Whilst walking down life’s highway
I saw an open door,
upon which was a sign that read
“Heavens Grocery Store.”
As I got a little closer,
the door was open wide;
I entered through that portal,
--- I was standing just inside.
I saw a host of angels.
They were standing everywhere.
One handed me a basket, saying,
”My child, please shop with care.”
Everything a Christian needed
was in that Grocery Store;
anything you couldn’t carry,
you could come back next day for more.
First, I got some Patience,
Love was in the self-same row;
further down was Understanding
--- you need that everywhere you go!
I got a box or two of Wisdom,
and a bag or two of Faith;
I couldn’t miss the Holy Spirit,
for He covered all the place!
I stopped to get some Strength
and Courage, to help me run the race.
My basket then was getting full
but I needed lots of Grace.
I didn’t forget Salvation
for Salvation was quite free;
so I tried to get enough of that
to save both you and me.
Then I went up to the checkout
to pay my grocery bill
For I thought I had everything
to do my Master’s will.
Marching up the aisle I saw a prayer
and just had to put that in,
for I knew that when I stepped outside,
I would run right into sin.
Peace and Joy were plentiful,
they were on the final shelf;
Songs and Praises hung quite near,
so I just helped myself.
I turned then to the angel, and asked,
“How much do I owe?”
He just smiled and said to me,
“Just take them everywhere you go.”
Again I smiled at him and said,
“But, how much do I owe?”
He smiled again, that knowing smile, saying …
“My child, Jesus paid your bill in full, a long, long time ago."

No comments: