Total Pageviews

Friday, February 22, 2008

The LORD Is My Shepherd

It's difficult to select a favourite passage from the Bible because there are so many, but I guess that the 23rd Psalm must be a favourite for a tremendous number of people. It reminds us that we are cared for, and I think that is a basic need for all people (even the ones who don't like to admit it!).

It has the power in the words to heal and to comfort, to build up and to strengthen, to restore and renew; and all because of the power behind the words. Read it to yourself, listen to it, see it in a new light. Whatever you choose to do it will bless you. I found a great screen saver which depicts this Psalm with some beautiful music and images. Why not click on the link above and see for yourself; I'm sure that you'll love it to.

1.The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

No comments: