Total Pageviews

Monday, February 18, 2008

My Way is His Way

With acknowledgments to Paul Anka who wrote new words to a French pop song, altered the melodic structure, and called it My Way, which was a huge hit for the late Frank Sinatra in 1969. Whilst I was thinking about this song today I thought about the way in which Jesus has controlled the direction of my life for so long. What a change my life has been following the one true way!

Now that the end draws near;
And I will face the final curtain.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case, of which Im certain.

I've followed Christ the Way.
I've travelled each and ev'ry highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it His way.

Regrets, I've had a few;
For all my sins, too great to mention.
I served my Lord in ev'ry way,
He saw me through without exemption.

He planned each charted course;
Each careful step along life's byway,
But more, much more than this,
He showed me His way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure He knew,
When I attempted more than I could do:
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it His way.

I've praised, I've prayed and cried;
I've had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I ran the course;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
No, oh no not me,
I walked in His way.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not the Lord, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
To praise and pray, be one who kneels.
The record shows He took the blows -
And did it His way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. Very nice. I was wondering how many others thought "My Way" could be adapted to "His Way". - Midland, MI, USA

koinonia community said...

Beautiful! How creative.