Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Last night I watched 'The Lake House'


Looking for something to watch on the TV yesterday evening I chanced upon a 2006 film that looked as though I might enjoy it. It was The Lake House, starring Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves. It was an improbable love story with lots of things about it that didn't need to be questioned so much as simply accepted and enjoyed. Set in 2004 and 2006, the film charts the progress of Kate and Alex, she in 2004 and he in 2006, as they exchange a series of love-letters via a mailbox at the Lake House where Kate is currently leaving for the city and where Alex is next to live. Confused yet? Never mind! Like I said, it's a film that you need to simply accept all the improbables about the storyline and just enjoy!
.
Here's a few shots from it.


This is The Lake House that is the centre of attention. What a great place to live!


Keanu Reeves is Alex, the lonely Chicago architect who exchanges letters with Kate, and falls in love by mail.


Kate (Sandra Bullock) waits and watches by the mailbox that is the time-travel key to the story.

An anxious Kate waits by the mailbox towards the close of the film.


A romantic ending for the star-struck letter-writers.
.
My verdict on the film? I thoroughly enjoyed it, great big romantic softie that I am.
Well, what else would you expect from a songwriting poet!
In fact, I enjoyed it enough to want to watch it aagin, so there! If you get the chance to see this movie then I would recommend it, but don't expect special effects to blow your mind. The film is far too gentle for that.

No comments: