Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 12, 2009

'Put on the whole armour of God'

This Scripture verse, taken from Paul's letter to the Ephesians, has been given to me one way or another ever since I committed my life to Christ and to serving His kingdom. If I've been feeling a little 'down' or fearful over anything, then along comes someone to share this verse with me. Even when I'm feeling pretty good about everything, it's a verse that has the power to lift me even more because it reminds me that God equips us with everything that we'll need to do His work, no matter how difficult it might sometimes appear.
.
ARE WE STANDING

“Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”
Ephesians 6: 11 - 13 (King James Version)

There are a lot of different definitions for the word “standing” in Webster’s Dictionary. The definition that I like the best is “not movable.” When we are anchored securely on our firm foundation, we can not be moved. We read in the Bible “Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek” (Hebrews 6: 19, 20).

We also read in the Bible “For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ” (1 Corinthians 3: 11). Jesus is the foundation on which we must stand if we are going to be able to withstand the vicious attacks of satan. I wonder how many times we have tried to defeat satan in our own strength. It hasn’t worked and it never will work. Only Jesus has the power to defeat satan.

Don’t let satan discourage and defeat you. Cry out to Jesus and ask Him to help you. When we are weak, He is strong. “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me” (2 Corinthians 12: 9). Thank You, Heavenly Father, for the armour that You give us for protection.

No comments: